GBTL Venue & Travel
GBTL Venue & Travel
> Poster Abstracts
> Call for Poster Contributions (Closed)
> Registration Closed
> Venue & Travel
In case you have any questions about the conference, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Hanse Wissenschaftskolleg (HWK) — Institute for Advanced Study
Lehmkuhlenbusch 4, 27753 Delmenhorst, Germany
Delmenhorst is an industrial city in the northwest of the state Lower Saxony with around 78,000 citizens. The city is located between Bremen in the east and Oldenburg in the northwest. There is a regular train service from Bremen, Oldenburg and other cities. Through public transportation, Delmenhorst can be reached in only 10 minutes from Bremen central station and in 30 minutes from City Airport Bremen.
Travelling to Delmenhorst
- City Airport Bremen is the nearest local airport (18 km from Delmenhorst). It offers flights to many European destinations. From there, depending on traffic, the HWK can be reached by taxi in 20 to 30 minutes. If you prefer travelling by train, please take a No. 6 tram to the main railway station of Bremen – there you can catch a train to Delmenhorst.
- Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel Airport is well connected to many different parts of the world. The S-Bahn (suburban rail network) line S1 operates every 10 minutes between Hamburg Airport and Hamburg's central railway station. From there, one can continue to travel to Delmenhorst by train. Journey times vary from 1 hour 20 minutes to 2 hours. All journeys require one change, usually at Bremen.
- Another international airport close to Delmenhorst is Hannover-Langenhagen Airport. The distance between Hannover and Delmenhorst is about 137 km and there is good train service between the two cities. Please note that a short travel by S-Bahn (17 minutes) is needed to get from the airport to the main railway station of Hannover.
- Frankfurt Airport is Germany's biggest airport and is served by all major carriers that operate in Germany. To reach Delmenhorst, you need to take a train to Bremen or Hannover and transfer to a train to Delmenhorst (in the direction of Oldenburg/ Norddeich Mole/ Emden/ Leer). It takes altogether about four and a half hours.
The railway station "Delmenhorst" is integrated in the suburban train network of Bremen and well linked to other German cities by high speed trains such as IC (Inter City). The train services from/to Delmenhorst are operated by Deutsche Bahn (German Railway) and NordWestBahn. Regional trains between Delmenhorst and Bremen take 10 to 15 minutes. An on-line timetable for the inter-city connections is available at the portal site of Deutsche Bahn.
Visitors driving to Delmenhorst are advised to approach Bremen via the highway A1 before joining the A28 (E22) to Delmenhorst. If you're coming from the Netherlands, take the highway A31 until you reach the A28.
Getting to the main Conference Venue: Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg (HWK)
If you arrive in Delmenhorst by train, you will enter the city via Delmenhorst railway station. From there, the HWK (white two-story building) can be reached easily by bus or taxi. [Interactive Access Map]
The bus station (ZOB) is located at the south entrance (on the side of Wittekindstraße) of Delmenhorst railway station. It will take about 15 minutes to the bus stop "Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg". One-way-tickets can be bought from the driver.
- 201 – board at "Bussteig J" and get off the bus at 10th bus stop
- 206 – board at "Bussteig J" and get off the bus at 14th bus stop
- 216 – operating in the evening back to the station
The HWK is reachable by taxi in 7 to 10 minutes. Please take one at the taxi stand in front of the railway station and tell the driver that you are a guest of the HWK.
Leave the A28 (E22) at the exit 21 "Delmenhorst-Deichhorst", drive to Wildeshauser Straße/B213, d