PhD position: Effects of environmental dynamics and disturbances on bacterial microbiome composition of macrozoobenthos
The position is part of the DFG research group "DynaCom" (https://uol.de/en/icbm/collaborative-projects/dynacom). is available; earliest starting date: 1.4.2022. The workplace is located in Oldenburg, Germany.
The study investigates whether and how marine invertebrates can adapt to different abiotic stressors with their bacterial microbiome. This will involve field studies and mesocosm experiments to analyze the composition of the bacterial microbiome.
- Sampling of marine benthic invertebrates
- Molecular analysis of the bacterial microbiome
- Conducting mesocosm experiments (including set up and maintenance)
- Bioinformatics and multivariate statistical analysis of acquired data
- Academic university degree (master or equivalent) in molecular evolutionary or microbial biology
- Ability for and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary, international team and to communicate with external partners
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Participation in field sampling and on sea cruises
Salary and conditions
The position will last for a duration of three years. Salary will be according to TVL E13 (67%).
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of women in science. Therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. In accordance with Lower Saxony legal regulations (NHG §21), equally qualified female candidates will be given preferences. Applicants with disabilities will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualification.
Applications should be sent with all the usual documents (included in a single pdf file) by February 10, 2022 to Gabriele Gerlach (email@example.com).
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to contact Dr. Gabriele Gerlach