Dean of the Graduate School of Social Sciences and Professor of Educational Administration & Planning
Middle East Technical University
Yasar Kondakci is a full professor in Educational Administration and Planning at the Middle East Technical University, located in Ankara, Turkey. His research focuses on higher education, change and development in educational organizations, educational leadership and social justice in education. His research on internationalization in higher education has introduced new concepts and insights into the topic. He has coordinated and successfully completed several large-scale projects which were funded by prestigious governmental organization in Turkey. Some of these projects are based on technology integration into management and teaching in higher education. Dr. Kondakci’s research on organizational change introduced the concept of continuous change as a mechanism ensuring constant change and development in higher education organizations. Dr Kondakci has extensive experience in editing books and journals. He is the associate editor of “The Oxford Encyclopedia of Education,” co-editor of the books “Migrants, Refugees and Global Challenges in Higher Education,” and “Research in Educational Administration.” Dr. Kondakci acts as the associate editor of two leading journals in the field of educational administration in Turkey, Research in Educational Administration and Leadership (REAL) and Educational Administration: Theory and Practice. He served as council member of the European Educational Research Association between 2008-2009. He is one of the founding members of the Turkish Association of Higher Education Studies, and he is still on the administrative board of the Turkish Educational Administration Research and Development Association (EARDA). Dr. Kondakci served as Associate Dean to the Graduate School of Social Sciences at the Middle East Technical University between 2013-2017. His articles have been published in prominent journals of the educational sciences field, including Higher Education, Educational Studies, and Educational Management, Administration and Leadership.
- Kondakci, Y., Orucu, D., Oguz, E. & Beycioglu, K. (2019). Large Scale Change and Survival of School Principals in Turkey. Journal of Educational Administration & History. doi.org/10.1080/00220620.2019.1574724
- Kondakci, Y., Bedenlier, S., & Aydın, C.H. (2019). Open and Distance Education in Turkey. In O. Zawacki-Richter & A. Qayyum (Eds.), National Systems in an Era of Global Online Distance Education (pp. 105-119). Springer.
- Kondakci, Y., Bedenlier, S. & Zawacki-Richter, O. (2018) Social Network Analysis of International Student Mobility: Uncovering the Rise of Regional Hubs. Higher Education, 75 517-535. DOI:10.1007/s10734-017-0154-9
- Bedenlier, S., Kondakci, Y.,& Zawacki-Richter, O. (2018). Two decades of research into the internationalization of higher education: Major themes in the Journal of Studies in International Education (1997–2016). Journal of Studies in International Education. DOI: 10.1177/1028315317710093
- Oldaç, Y.İ, & Kondakci, Y. (forthcoming). Multilevel Analysis of the Relationship between School-Level Variables and Student Achievement. Educational Management Administration and Leadership
- Kondakci, Y., Zayim, M., Beycioglu, K., Sincar, M., & Ugurlu, C.T. (2016). The mediating roles of internal context variables in the relationship between distributed leadership perceptions and continuous change behaviours of public school teachers. Educational Studies, 42 (4), 410-426. DOI: 10.1080/03055698.2016.1206462.
- Zawacki-Richter, O., Kondakci, Y., Bedenlier, S., Alturki, U. (2015). The development of distance education systems in Turkey, Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia. European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning, 18 (2), 113-128.