What are my unique abilities and interests critical in determining the right career path for me?
Can I combine my ideas about a fulfilled life with a career outside of university and academia?
How can I develop a strategy for embarking on a non-academic career path?
This seminar helps to answer these – and other - questions for those who want to plan their career
development strategically. It focuses on supporting young scientists and researchers and prepare
them for leaving academia It offers them possibilities to reflect upon future careers in industry,
business or alternative career choices. Based on their individual profiles, participants develop their
own vision for their future personal and professional lives.
- You reflect upon your professional career path and develop a well-orchestrated plan
- You work out a biographically-based profile that highlights und evaluates your individual
qualifications, skills and job vision
- You explore different occupational career alternatives
- You get information about formal and hidden requirements for a career development (with
special focus on German working culture)
- You share experiences and are encouraged by other scientists who are in a similar
PhD students and Postdoctoral candidates