Nach der Promotion geht es darum, sich auf dem Arbeitsmarkt zu positionieren und eine passende Stelle zu finden. Haben die Unterlagen erst einmal überzeugt, eröffnet sich die Chance im…
How can I make an impact in professional contexts such as small-talk situations at conferences?
What can help me in situations where I face an international crowd and how can I connect to
Projects in general can be considered as extraordinary, temporary ventures which in many cases require interdisciplinary or cross-institutional teamwork. The importance of a systematic approach…
The Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg is a member of the network of universities "Universitätsverband zur Qualifizierung des wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchses in Deutschland UniWiND" that supports the qualification of early-career researchers.
The Graduate Academy supports the early career researchers of the University of Oldenburg in their transition from doctoral work to the job market inside and outside of the academic system. To this end, the Graduate Academy offers training and support for early career researchers from all disciplines and at all levels of their career (doctoral candidates, post-doctoral fellows, and junior professors). In line with the Oldenburg Model of Competences our workshops aim to strengthen and bring to light the personal profile of transdisciplinary competences (the so-called transferable skills) and to thereby support individual career development.
Furthermore, the Graduate Academy brings together information on existing training and counselling programs of the university and offers an overview of the various measures of post-graduate support.
The purpose of the Graduate Academy is to
- continuously develop the interdisciplinary training program for all junior researchers of the university;
- devise and ensure quality standards for the career development of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers (in cooperation with the graduate schools and university schools);
- develop and implement services to foster leadership qualities of researchers;
- support the development of the teaching competencies of researchers in close cooperation with the Hochschuldidaktik;
- support the internationalization of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers.
We are happy to answer any further questions you might have. Please do not hesitate to contact us.