The promotion of a university-wide culture of responsibility regarding future established researchers has been of central and strategic importance to the UOL for a long time. Thus, human resource development and the structural planning of academic staff, especially regarding early career researchers, go hand in hand, thereby creating favorable conditions for this group overall. To this end, the university purposely integrates all career stages from doctoral researchers up to tenure track professors into its concept in order to facilitate the transition between career phases. Currently, the UOL – with special attention to advanced early career researchers – emphasizes the transparent organization of the recruiting process, the possibility to plan careers, the strengthening of leadership responsibility, and the compatibility of work and family life.
The following documents and position papers offer early career researchers at UOL orientation and guidance.
These papers are official documents. If translations are available, only the German originals are legally binding.
- The University of Oldenburg's strategy for the promotion and qualification of postdoctoral researchers. June 2021
- Guidelines of the Presidential Board for the implementation of tenure-track procedures, December 2018
- Regulations for appointing tenured professorships within a tenure track procedure at the University of Oldenburg, October 2018
- Framework conditions of the University of Oldenburg for early-career researchers
- Oldenburg Model of Competences: Personnel development with responsibilty for early-career researchers
- Assessment of personnel development of early-career researchers at the University of Oldenburg (created following the nation-wide inquiry of the HRK).