Non-University Research Institutions
The Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg encourages collaboration between private and public or publicly funded research and educational institutions that are important pillars for the university: List of affiliated institutes.
Structurally anchored cooperation exists with national non-university research institutions. A Max Planck Junior Researcher Group and three Fraunhofer Working Groups have been established on site. There is also a virtual Helmholtz Institute. In addition, six joint professorships with non-university research institutions were established through institutionalised cooperation.
The most recent addition is the Helmholtz Institute for Functional Marine Biodiversity at the University of Oldenburg (HIFMB), which is currently being set up in Oldenburg.
- Helmholtz Institute for Functional Marine Biodiversity at the University of Oldenburg (HIFMB)
- Max-Planck research group Marine Isotope Geochemistry
- Fraunhofer Institute for Manufactoring Technology and Advanced Materials (IFAM), Oldenburg site
- Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT), Project Group for Hearing, Speech and Audio Technology
- Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology (IWES)
- Helmholtz Virtual Institute PolarTime
- DLR-Institute of Networked Energy Systems
- Senckenberg am Meer - Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
(Prof. Dr. Ingrid Kröncke, Benthic Ecology)
- Helmholtz-Centre for Material and Coastal Research
(Prof. Dr. Emil Stanev, Coastal Oceanography)
- Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology
(Prof. Dr. Thorsten Dittmar, Marine Geochemistry)