last updated: April 7, 2020, 12:50 p.m.
Please note the aktuelle Hinweis regarding opening hours over the Easter Holidays.
Please note the date change regarding the suspension of overdue fees (see below)!
The Central Library on Campus Haarentor and the Departmental Library on Campus Wechloy are closed to the public (probably) until April 19, 2020 as a measure to counteract the spreading of the COVID-19 virus and to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff and users of the library.
Central services for studying, teaching and researching will—depending on the general development and the library's personell situation—remain available. The central services include answering inquiries by phone or email during the hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- For general questions call 0441 798-4444 or send an email to bis-vg0in
Please, make use of our electronic information products. See Digital Services during the Corona Crisis.
Inter-library loan is currently not available.
The University Library offers the following special services to members of the Carl von Ossietzky University:
- Scan service and electronic delivery of articles and books that are not available in electronic format. This service is offered under the conditions set forth in the applicable copyright law.
Please contact us at bis-vg0in
- Searching, charging and loaning of printed literature after written order to bis-vg0in
email@example.com. Items can be picked up at the counter near the lockers in the Central Library on Campus Haarentor.
To allow access to our holdings to as many users as possible, the maximum number of items loaned to any user is four. Please, see our electronic holdings for possible availability of titles and consider the option of the scan service.
- Central book return of borrowed items at the Central Library on Campus Haarentor (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Please, use the "book-return box", Books are quarantined for three days before being listed as returned.
- Suspension of overdue fees until and incl. April 19, 2020.
The library foyer is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to pick up or return books.
For urgent and justified requests of students (e.g. for literature required to timely finish a B.A. or M.A. thesis), that cannot be met by the abovementioned services, contact the library's central information (0441 798-4444). If possible, we will consider acqusition of the electronic version of a requested title. Proof of the urgency is required.
We ask for your understanding that these special services are not available to our external users! (Exceptions are the book return and the suspension of overdue fees.)
We ask for your understanding that the general development of the situation as well as the personell-situation in the library might force us to limit these services, and advise that you visit this page regularly.
Your University Library