Central Library on Haarentor Campus
- Phone inquiries Mondays through Fridays from 9. a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Book pickup Mondays through Fridays from 10. a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Book return ("book-return box" in the library's foyer): 8. a.m. to 8 p.m.
last updated: March 15, 9:00 a.m.
The university library's opening hours on Haarentor Campus are Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The book and scan request services via the online form remain active.
The departmental library on Wechloy Campus remains closed. Holdings are available through the book and scan request service. The Media Centre remains closed. For questions on the Media Centre's holdings and the test collection use the online form or email .
The library is closed on statutory holidays.
Up to 150 users at one time may be present in the library and make use of designated workplaces.
- Books may be taken off the shelves to be copied, scanned or borrowed.
- Media can be borrowed Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- New users may register Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
- The Central Information Desk is manned during the opening hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- IT services are available Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6. p.m.
- Telephone services are available Mondays though Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. or write to .
The following regulations apply:
- It is mandatory to wear a medical face mask in the library at all times (surgical mask or FFP2 mask).
- Keep at least 1.5 m distance to other users.
- Avoid forming groups. Designated workplaces are solely for individual work or study.
For the protection of all library users and the library staff, the regulations of the Hygieneschutzempfehlungen der Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung apply in the library.
We are obligated to collect personal user data upon entry into and exit from the library. As per Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. e DSGVO (GDPR) in combination with § 2h Satz 2 Nds. CoronaVO of May 8, 2020 (Nds.GVBl. S.17) in its current version we are obligated to collect these data to allow for the reconstruction of a possible chain of infections with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Data will be collected by scanning your CampusCard or your library card upon entry into and exit from the library to allow for the recording of the exact times of your visit.
The following information are recorded:
- Contact data
- Family name, first name
- Full address
- Current phone number
- Additionally, the following data are collected and identified
- Library card number or CampusCard number
- Status group
- Time of entry into the library
- Time of exit from the library
Duration of Data Storage
In compliance with § 5 of the CoronoVO, the data will be stored for the duration of three weeks after the end of the visit to the library and the contact data will be deleted no later than one month after the end of the visit to the library. Incomplete data sets (e.g. without check-out time) will be stored for two months to allow completion of data if necessary.
Should you agree to the permanent entry of your phone number in your library account, this will be done on the basis and in compliance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. a DSGVO (GDPR).