- Use of the cubicle is restricted to three months. The cubicle should be used regularly and intensively (at least 20 hours per week).
- The key to the cubicle is issued for each day of use by the Control Desk or Circulation Desk. Once you have finished working for the day the key must be returned to the Control Desk or Circulation Desk.
- The key may not be given to third parties or duplicated. The key must be returned immediately once the period of use has expired. Loss of a key must be reported immediately. All costs incurred by the loss of a key will be borne by the user.
- Only resources borrowed in accordance with library regulations may be kept in the cubicle overnight.
- It is prohibited to alter the interior of the cubicle.
- The Library reserves the right to enter and inspect the cubicle.
- As in the rest of the library, smoking is prohibited in the cubicle.
- With the exception of PCs and laptops, the use of electric appliances (e.g. electric kettles or coffee machines) is prohibited in the cubicle. Desktop computers must be registered at the beginning of the period of use and turned off when the user is absent.
- The rubbish containers in the cubicles are for waste paper only. All other waste must be disposed of in the waste collection areas in the building.
- The cubicle must be cleaned once the period of use expires. An inspection will be carried out. Confirmation of the final handover will be signed by the user and the Library.
- The Library is not liable for theft of or damage to the property of the carrel user (e.g. in the case of personal computers, etc.).
- Violation of these terms and conditions forfeits the right to continued use of the cubicle. The user is liable for any damages the Library incurs through violation of these terms.