Reference management software is used for saving and managing reference data. The Oldenburg University Library supports use of the applications below.
Although many different reference management programmes exist, most of them offer the following functions:
- Direct searches in databases and online catalogues with automatic transfer of references
- Import of structured text files
- Manual input and management of different types of references (books, journals, online sources)
- Options for entering comments and quotations from other texts
- Export in different formats (RIS, EndNote, BibTex, …)
- Automatic generation of bibliographies and reference formatting according to the specifications of various citation styles (DIN 1505, MLA, APA, …)
Oldenburg University holds campus licenses for EndNote and Citavi. If you are a member of the University you have access to each programme's full version.
To obtain the necessary license key you must register using your University ID (abcd1234 and password). Only then can you use the EndNote or the Citavi full version.
Due to the current libray closure no training courses are available.
Training sessions for reference management are listed in Stud.IP. Enter a range of numbers starting 70.02 or one of the words Citavi or EndNote in the search box: