Central Library on Haarentor Campus
- Phone inquiries Mondays through Fridays from 9. a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Book pickup Mondays through Fridays from 10. a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Book return ("book-return box" in the library's foyer): 8. a.m. to 8 p.m.
last updated: Jan. 6, 5:00 p.m.
The university library will be closed for the public at both locations (Haarentor Campus and Wechloy Campus) from Dec. 16, to Feb. 14, 2021.
For the supply with literature, limited services will be offered allowing members of the university and other users to order media.
The following services are available to library users.
- Borrowing printed materials. Pre-ordered books can be borrowed at the circulation desk at the central library on Haarentor Campus. A maximum of four books may be ordered per day.
Use the online form for you loan orders.
- Scan service and electronic mailing of journal articles and books that are not available in printed form are available to members of the university (copyright regulations permitting). A maximum of four scans may be ordered per day.
Use the online form for you scan orders.
- To return media use the book-return box in the central library's foyer (Mon to Fri, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) Media may also be returned by mail to the following address:
Bibliotheks- und Informationssystem der
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Uhlhornsweg 49-55, 26129 Oldenburg
- Registration of new users
- We encourage you to make use of the online loan period extension and reservation in ORBISplus.