T +49(0)441 798-3244
The instructional teams of our courses are international, well-known and established researchers and scholars within the field of online and distance learning (ODL) and technology enhanced learning (TEL). They are members of faculties at prominent institutions of higher education and distance learning, as well as of professional organisations of ODL around the world. In addition, most instructors serve on editorial and advisory boards of international scholarly journals within the fields of educational technology, open educational resources, and ODL.
In addition to its distinguished staff, we make use of mentors, who are research associates at the University of Oldenburg, and provide teaching and learning support within each course. The certificate programme further enhances the quality of its courses by incorporating the use of visiting experts – well-known ODL and TEL experts in the field – who interact and hold dialogue with you in online discussion forums.
Our instructional teams are/have:
- International, with instructors from UK, Germany, Canada, Switzerland. Turkey, South Africa, and USA;
- Extensive experience in technology enhanced learning;
- Affiliated with several online and distance learning (ODL) associations and editorial boards;
- Extensive teaching, administrative, and management experience in many academic and institutions and corporate environments both in ODL and in traditional environments;
- Broad experience as consultants and scholars in the areas of ODL and TEL;
- Academic backgrounds include instructional technology, instructional design, education, psychology and other related fields.
Instructors are also members of the internationally networked Center for Open Education Research.
Dr. Susan Bainbridge
Dr. Melissa Bond
EPPI-Reviewer Support Officer
University College London, United Kingdom
Dr. Jane E. Brindley
Faculty Member / Clinical Psychologist
University of British Columbia
Berrin Cefa Sari
University of Oldenburg
Profile and Areas of Research
Brenda C. Ledford
Cedar Rapids, IA, United States
Dr. Don Olcott, Jr.
Global Higher Education Consultant
Prof. Dr. Paul Prinsloo
Research Professor in Open and Distance Learning (ODL)
University of South Africa
Dr. Patricia J. Slagter van Tryon
East Carolina University
Prof. Dr. Alan Tait
Emeritus Professor of Distance Education and Development at the Open University, UK