Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law (» Postal address)
The preparation of your qualification work is always connected with a binding participation at the Bachelor- and Master- Colloquium (StudIP: 2.02.616).
All information and a graphic on the process can be found on this page.
! ! Important: submit a general overview of your qualification work topic (1/2 to one page max.) to the department of Female Entrepreneurship until lecture start.
(e.g. via e-mail to Professor Birkner or to Frauke Lange)
The Colloquium Process:
The colloquium takes place in form of three block seminars during the semester.
(1) In the first block seminar, students talk about their qualification work topic in group in order to possibly specify/develop their ideas. By the 4th week of the semester, they have to state their topic and present it to their tutor. In this seminar, students are free to ask anything about scientific work and formalities.
(2) The second seminar will take place in the 5th week of the semester. All participants present their topics/ their research design in front of the group. Furthermore, they will work once more on a special team coaching method.
(3) In the 6th week of the semester, students should submit an exposé to their adviser and should officially apply for the Bachelor thesis.
(4) In the third block seminar (at the end of the semester), students can present their work progesses in front of the group. Adding to it, they can ask concrete questions and will get to know more about the following process.
We work with a team coaching instrument for more interaction in group. It is based on postive criticism since students can specificly analyse fellow students and can make references to their own work. We want to achieve additional support in terms of peer-education through the methodological elements used in the colloquium.
Our Department regularly accepts new graduate students for their final Bachelor or Master's thesis. At this point, we announce topic proposals for qualification work. Feel free to suggest your own questions or topics.
If you are interested, please contact professor Birkner via email or phone.
The thesis is suited for individual or team projects. The objective is also formulated as a proposal and can be altered by the particular master student.
- Evaluating the entrepreneurial potential of female students at the University of Oldenburg (preferably with a focus on the high-tech industry)
- Identifying the need for consultancy and sponsorship of potential female founders at the University
- Developing proposals in order to consult and sponsor female founders more efficiently
We recommend a mixed methods design as a suitable guideline for the study (e.g., consisting of quantitative online-based surveys and qualitative interviews with founders). Once more, feel free to make your own methodical proposals.
Depending on the complexity, the thesis can be written individually or in a team.
- In how far do male and female founding processes differ from one another?
- What are special characteristics of female start-ups?
- Which theoretical approaches do already exist concerning this matter?
- Which statements of current start-up researches are well-known?
- Systematic evaluation of existing researches
- In terms of the objective: drawing own conclusions and developing an approach that demonstrates the differences and special characteristics
(For further information contact us via phone or email)
- Culture of Female Entrepreneurship/ differences between men and women entrepreneurs concerning entrepreneurial activities
- Gender-specific start-up support / support needs of female entrepreneurs
- Different types of female entrepreneurs/ self-image of female entrepreneurs
- Performance & innovation of businesses managed by women
- How women deal with growth and risk
- The "basic social design" in female creation processes
Female Entrepreneurship - Ein Literaturüberblick (BA)
Der Einfluss von Planung auf den Gründungserfolg (BA)
Die Entwicklung strategischen Denkens und Handelns bei Entrepreneuren durch Gründungsberatung (MA)
Mitarbeitermotivation als Grundlade effektiver Gesundheitsförderung (MA - Zweitgutachten)
Mentorin neu verstehen: Eine Konzeptentwicklung aus traditionellem und modernen Mentorin aus berberischer Perspektive (MA - Zweitgutachten)
Untersuchung der Gründe für das Scheitern von Startups - Eine empirische Untersuchung anhand von Experten-Interviews unter Berücksichtigung einer genderspezifischen Beratung (BA)
Gründungskonzept zur Förderung von Unternehmertum als erwerbsbiografishe Veränderung von Frauen (MA)
Genderspezifika in der Gründungsberatung (BA)
Unterstützung der Gründung durch die Gründungsberatung unter Berücksichtigung der Chancengleichheit (MA)
Die Bedeutung weiblicher Führung im Intrapreneurship (MA)
Mitverantwortlichkeit von Entrepreneurial Overconfidence auf Unternehmensgründungen von Frauen (BA)
Motive, Formen und Kontext weiblich gegründeter und weitergeführter Unternehmen in Deutschland innerhalb der letzen 100 Jahre (BA)