Information for students
Information for students
Please be sure to take note of the General Rules of Conduct first, which apply to everyone! This page contains additional information specifically for students.
People inside university buildings, rooms or on other premises must behave in such a way as to minimise the potential for infection.
- A general mask mandate applies inside all university buildings and rooms (medical masks are mandatory; FFP2 masks are recommended for voluntary use at one’s own responsibility).
- Social distancing must be observed in all university buildings and rooms.
The RKI's hygiene rules apply to everyone:
- Do not sneeze into your hands.
- Always sneeze or cough into a tissue or the crook of your arm; dispose of used tissues immediately.
- Wash hands more frequently for at least 30 seconds.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m in all personal encounters (recommendation).
Following consultation on the current Corona situation, the Presidential Board has decided to annul the obligation to wear a medical mask and the general decree of 10 January 2022 in this regard with effect from 2 February 2023.
The “Framework concept for winter semester 2022/2023” (PDF) remains valid with the exception of the mask requirement, as does the “Binding hygiene rules of the University of Oldenburg” (PDF) and the “Guidelines for teaching and examinations” (PDF/German) for the current semester. The obligation is replaced by a recommendation from the Presidential Board to wear medical masks or FFP2 masks on your own responsibility. This applies in principle and therefore also to teaching and examinations.
They will be distributed from 4 to 21 October at two locations: on the Haarentor campus in the foyer of building V03 (main entrance) and on the ring level of the Wechloy campus (Mon-Fri between 8 am and 4 pm). After that (from 24 October 2022), students will receive the masks at one distribution point, namely in V03.
International students who have not yet been vaccinated against Covid-19 or have not been vaccinated with a vaccine recognised in the EU (cf. overview of the Paul Ehrlich Institute: www.pei.de/impfstoffe/covid-19) can be vaccinated (again) by a registered doctor in order to receive the status "vaccinated" in Germany.
In Oldenburg, vaccinations are currently given exclusively in doctor's offices. Please refer to the website www.weisse-liste.de to search for a doctor.
If you need assistance, please contact the Welcome Team at the International Office: