Study abroad with Erasmus+
Study Abroad Advisor (Europe), Erasmus+ Coordinator
The Erasmus+ programme is a great way to gain valuable experience abroad by studying in another European country.
The programme offers several advantages, including:
- tuition fee exemption at the host university
- grant to help cover the travel and subsistence costs (approx. 150–250 Euro per month)
- administrative support from both your home and host universities
- recognition of academic achievements in accordance with study agreements
- special support for students with accompanying children and students with special needs
Students can go abroad for 3 months minimum to 12 months maximum (including a complementary traineeship period, if planned). The same student may receive grants for studying or being trained abroad totalling up to 12 months maximum per each cycle of study (Bachelor, Master, PhD).
Students may be awarded an Erasmus+ EU grant to help cover the travel and subsistence costs incurred in connection with their study period abroad. Erasmus+ students – whether or not they receive an Erasmus+ EU grant – are exempted from paying fees for tuition, registration, examinations and access to laboratory and library facilities at the host institution.
Please notice the requirements to take part in the programme:
- You must be enrolled in a degree programme at the University of Oldenburg (no exchange students!).
- You must have studied for at least one year before starting an exchange programme.
- You must be proficient in the language of instruction.
Please have a look at our overview of the existing Erasmus + partnerships of the University of Oldenburg to find out which host university and Departmental Coordinator is right for you. For further details, check our website on the Erasmus+ application process and our Erasmus+ Checklist (pdf).
The annual application deadline is 1 March (1 June for exchanges in the summer semester).
Please contact us to get general information about possibilities to study abroad as well as the modalities to apply and to receive an Erasmus+ EU grant.
Please contact the Departmental Coordinator to get information about the selection process, the selection criteria and the possibilities to recognise the abroad studied courses.