Fernweh Grant for Internships
For the time of the university's "emergency operations" due to the Corona crisis, you are welcome to meet us online in virtual meeting rooms:
- Tuesday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad within Europe (Erasmus+)
- Thursday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad outside Europe
In addition, you are welcome to contact us by e-mail. If you would like to call us, please send a German telephone number and we will call you back.
PROMOS/Fernweh (studies and internships), Fulbright
The International Office awards grants for study-related internships abroad. The grant amounts to a maximum of EUR 1,000.
Applications for the Fernweh Grant for Internships are possible on an ongoing basis. The complete application documents must be submitted six weeks before the start of the internship at the latest.
- duration of internship: minimum 6 weeks to 3 months
- Self-organised full-time internship closely related to studies
- Crediting of the internship and subject-related support from university supervisor
All students (bachelor's and master's degree students) of the University of Oldenburg may apply. The Fernweh Grant can only be awarded to students who do not receive funding from any third-party organisations (e.g. DAAD, Fulbright, Erasmus, Mobility grant etc.); exception: BAföG.
The Fernweh grant will be awarded in consultation with a committee according to the Fernweh Guidelines (§ 3). The decision of the committee is final. There is no right of appeal.
Funding is available for up to EUR 1,000 and is intended to cover costs that are related to your internship abroad (e.g. travel costs, costs for accommodation). Students who receive BAföG will be paid a maximum amount of EUR 300 per month.
In case you receive the Fernweh Grant, the payment will be made only after submission of the proof of costs (bills, receipts, bank (transfer) statements or confirmation letters) according to the guidelines.
- Application form
- Letter of motivation (Please see application form for requirements)
- CV (German or English)
- Current Transcript of records ("Notenbescheinigung", download in Stud.IP)
- Confirmation of host organisation
- Confirmation of school
- Enrolment certificate(s)
- Proof of voluntary work and/or non-university related job (brief confirmation of duration and scope is sufficient)
Please submit your application as a hard copy to Ms Tina Grummel at the International Office. Applications sent in via email will not be accepted.