Mobility Grant, Funding for Erasmus+ internships
The University of Oldenburg awards grants for studying abroad (so called Mobility Grant or "Mobilitätszuschuss"). The funding has to be used for additional expenses as part of a study-relateted stay abroad.
The grant amounts to a maximum EUR 500 in total and will be splitted in two payments (EUR 250 a month) after the transmittal of the corresponding documents (invoices). Only one application per stay is allowed.
Applications for the Mobility Grant are open twice a year. Applications are only accepted during the application period. The current application deadline is 15 April 2021.
- All students (bachelor's and master's degree students) of the University of Oldenburg realizing a stay abroad (Internships, study courses and semesters, other occupations of academic relevance). Not eligible for applying: doctoral students, guest students
- Minimum time spent abroad: two weeks. Stays longer than four weeks will be treated with preference.
- The stay has to begin or end in the semester which the student is applying for (summer/ winter term).
We especially recommend to apply for the Mobility Grant if your project cannot be funded by other support programmes (for example, if the duration of your stay is too short to be funded by Erasmus+; if the country/ institution of choice cannot be supported by other programmes).
Applicants have to check whether the Mobility Grant can be combined with other funding programmes. For example, the „Fernweh grant“ and the Mobility Grant are NOT compatible, whereas the “PROMOS scholarship” and the Mobility Grant can be combined.
The Mobility Grant does not interfere with funding via “Auslands-BaföG“, because the maximal additional funding (EUR 300 per month) is not exceeded.
The selection of candidates is done via a points system. Different categories are seen as important, which is expressed by the distribution of points. Categories are for example:
- the relevance of the stay (mandatory stays are more important)
- the duration
- the distance
- the grades (average grade according to your transcript of records and the ECTS-statistics of your study course)
- voluntary work of the applicant.
Also family commitments will be taken into account. Special importance is put on the average grade, the relevance and the duration of the planned stay abroad (these categories have more weight in the points system). Detailed statements to the procedure can be found in the applicable regulations.
A student commission does the selection. In case of a draw among two applications, the relevance of the stay is considered positive. Also the circumstances named in the application form are considered in the decision, if the requested certifications are attached.
The commission will inform the applicants about its decisions as soon as possible.
For summer semesters (stays starting in the time period between 01 January and 30 June), the deadline is 15 April and the first work day thereafter, respectively. For winter semesters (stays starting in the time period between 01 July and 31 December), the deadline is 15 September and the first workday thereafter, respectively.
The start of the stay is decisive for awarding grants. It determines the valid application period. Applications submitted too early are saved for the next granting round. Applications submitted too late are not considered. Retroactive applications are not acceptable, however, they will be considered in case of corresponding number of applicants (cf. provisions stated under 13).
Students can apply via Stud. IP. Choose "Campus", then the tab "Scholarships", then "Mobilitätszuschuss".
Please upload the following documents:
- Enrolment certificate
- Written confirmation of your planned stay (e.g. letter of acceptance, contract, certificate, enrolment certificate)
- Transcript of records ("Notenbescheinigung," download in Stud.IP)
- Requested certificates for all the information given in the application form (volunteering work, etc.)
A recourse to the courts is not permitted.