PROMOS Scholarship for internships abroad (non-EU countries)
For the time of the university's "emergency operations" due to the Corona crisis, you are welcome to meet us online in virtual meeting rooms:
- Tuesday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad within Europe (Erasmus+)
- Thursday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad outside Europe
In addition, you are welcome to contact us by e-mail. If you would like to call us, please send a German telephone number and we will call you back.
PROMOS/Fernweh (studies and internships), Fulbright
The PROMOS programme was developed by the DAAD and is financed with funds from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Students of all disciplines can apply for a PROMOS scholarship for an internship abroad in non-EU countries.
Applications for PROMOS scholarships for internships are possible on an ongoing basis. The complete application documents must be submitted six weeks before the start of the internship at the latest.
- German students
- Students who are equivalent to German citizens as set out in Section 8 (1)(2ff) and Section 8 (2), (2a) and (3), BAföG
- Non-German students and graduates if they are enrolled at a German university with the goal of graduating at that university (Stays in the student's home country are not permitted.)
- Programme countries: All countries excluding Iceland, Croatia, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey and the EU member states.
- Duration of the internship: 6 weeks to 6 months
- Self-organized full-time internship closely related to studies
- Subject-related supervision from the student's home faculty during the internship
- Internships at the following organisations are excluded from funding through PROMOS: International organisations (e.g. UNO), EU institutions, institutions and organisations which administer EU programmes, the German embassy, German humanities institutes, Goethe Institutes, German archaelogical institutes and Deutsche Auslandsschulen (DAS).
- Internships at DSD and Fit schools can be funded by PROMOS. PROMOS can be combined with the Mobility Grant.
For further information about eligibility requirements and application please see the Guidelines (in German).
PROMOS scholarships will be awarded by a scholarship committee according to the PROMOS Guidelines (§ 3). The decision of the committee is final. There is no right of appeal.
- Application form
- Letter of motivation
Please include: relevance for studies and career perspectives; reasons for choosing the company/institution; academic and professional benefit; reasons for choosing the target country; personal reasons
- CV (German or English)
- Current Transcript of records ("Notenbescheinigung", download in Stud.IP)
- Confirmation of host organisation
- Confirmation of school
- Enrolment certificate(s)
- Confirmation of voluntary work and/or non-university-related
job (brief confirmation of duration and scope is sufficient)
- Proof of language skills in working language
Please submit your application as hard copy to Ms Tina Grummel at the International Office. Applications sent in via email will not be accepted.