Exchange studies in North America
For the time of the university's "emergency operations" due to the Corona crisis, you are welcome to meet us online in virtual meeting rooms:
- Tuesday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad within Europe (Erasmus+)
- Thursday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad outside Europe
In addition, you are welcome to contact us by e-mail. If you would like to call us, please send a German telephone number and we will call you back.
Study abroad advisor for Latin and North America
The International Office is in close contact with partner universities worldwide. Since information related to the Corona crisis is updated on a daily basis, students planning a stay abroad in 2020 should regularly check their university e-mail account.
- California State University Channel Islands *
- California State University Long Beach M
- California State University Monterey Bay (M)*
- Florida State University (only Language Studies, Social and political sciences)
- Northern Michigan University
- Oakland University M
- Towson University M
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- University of Northern Colorado M
- University of South Dakota M *
- University of West Georgia *
- University of Wisconsin La Crosse
- University of Wisconsin Superior
- University of Wyoming M *
- Acadia University (M)
- University of Calgary *
- University of Saskatchewan *
- York University
M graduate courses available
* places on the exchange as well as study abroad spots (Bafög) available
Requirements for participation
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of a degree programme at the time of departure
- Good academic standing
- Good English proficiency (supporting evidence required)
Unless otherwise stated, our partner universities accept the DAAD language certificate (at least B2 level). The DAAD language certificate can be obtained from the Language Centre by successfully completing a language test.
Some universities require a TOEFL or IELTS test. (Please note that the TOEFL itp (institution based) is not accepted. Most universities accept the internet-based (ibt) or the paper-based TOEFL.)
Available places in the exchange programme at our North American partner universities will be announced in the autumn for the following academic year. Students can apply until November 21, 2019 for participation in the programme during the academic year 2020/21 (beginning in August/September).
Applications will be assessed by a member of the International Office and the academic representative for our North American partners.
After you have been selected for the programme you will be nominated at the partner university and receive all relevant information on the next steps and the application forms required for enrolment at the partner university.
Applications for the exchange programme will only be accepted during the call for applications. You will find a detailed list of documents to be submitted on our application webpage.