Apply for exchange studies in North America
For the time being, all face-to-face advisory services of the International Office are cancelled. You can reach us during regular office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays by phone (telephone numbers listed below). Also, you are welcome to meet us online in our virtual meeting rooms:
- Tuesday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad within Europe (Erasmus+)
- Thursday from 10 a.m.–11 a.m.: Advice on stays abroad outside Europe
In addition, you are welcome to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. If you would like to arrange a phone call, please send us a German telephone number and we will call you back.
Study abroad advisor for Latin and North America
Please make sure to fill in the online application form first (step 1) and then submit all the documents listed (steps 2–7) in written form to the International Office by the deadline (November 21, 2019).
- Online application (only available in German)
- Cover form for the application
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages; please include the following aspects: reasons for choosing the university, choice of courses at the partner university, how does your stay abroad link in to your degree programme at the University of Oldenburg, language skills, previous stays abroad, what do you expect from your stay)
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate
- Current transcript of records
- Enrolment certificate (University of Oldenburg) for the current semester
- Make sure to mention whether you will also apply for BAföG or Auslands-BAföG.
- Do not staple your documents. Print documents on one side only. Do not submit your application in a folder.