International doctoral candidates
Until further notice, all face-to-face advisory services of the International Office are cancelled. During "emergency mode" you can still reach us by e-mail at <stppkrong>firstname.lastname@example.org</stfmrongzoiba> (email@example.com). Students find more detailed information in Stud.IP.
Due to the emergency mode, an increased volume of e-mail is to be expected. We ask for your understanding for any delays that may occur.
Advisor for international doctoral candidates and researchers
Service for international researchers
Overview of the situation in Germany for affected researchers
- German Federal Foreign Office: Coronavirus and entry restrictions: 4 things travelers to Germany need to know
- German Federal Ministry of the Interior: Covid-19 FAQ
- German Federal Ministry of Health: Daily updates on the coronavirus
- The European Commission: Coronavirus response
- EURAXESS on the coronavirus
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) on
Welcome! Congratulations on your decision to join our university as a doctoral candidate! We are looking forward to meeting you.
We can provide you with helpful advice on the following:
- Getting to know the university and the city of Oldenburg
- Visa and residence permit issues
- Finding accommodation
- Financial issues
- Cultural events and trips
Make sure to register with our database for international researchers to benefit from our services and stay up to date with our calendar of events.
During the first time of their stay, international doctoral candidates can get support from the PhD Tutors, who also organise diverse events aimed at networking, exchange of information, getting to know different cultures, and at entertainment, e.g. the International "Stammtisch". The program of the PhD Tutors is a joint program of the Graduate Academy, the Graduate Schools Oltech and 3GO, and the International Office, which is funded by the DAAD support for doctoral candidates.
The Graduate Academy of our university offers support for PhD students:
- Information for doctoral candidates
- Workshops and courses
- Workshops at the beginning / end of your PhD
In addition, the Graduate School OLTECH offers a Welcome Workshop for doctoral students of Schools V and VI.
The Graduate School 3GO for the Social Sciences and the Humanities offers workshops for doctoral candidates of schools I, II, III and IV.