Special Topics in Media Informatics and Multimedia Systems I + II
|Module code||inf174 and inf175|
|Language of Instructions||English|
|Area||Applied Computer Science|
|SWS||2 + 2|
The modules Special Topics in Media Informatics and Multimedia Systems I (winter term) and Special Topics in Media Informatics and Multimedia Systems II (summer term) are offered regularly with varying themes:
- Practical Course Augmented and Virtual Reality: AR/VR Lab (regularly in winter terms)
- Practical Course Maker's Lab (regularly in summer terms)
- Practical Course Wearable Computing Lab (until 2017)
- Practical Course Interaktionswerkstatt (until 2017)
- define and contrast special themes in computer science, and reflect on computer science practices in general.
- recognize and evaluate applied techniques and methods and their limits
- identify, structure and solve problems/tasks, in new or developing subject areas
- apply state of the art and innovative methods to solve problems, if necessary from other disciplines
- recognize current limits and contribute to the development of computer science research and technology
- discuss and evaluate recent computer science developments
- evaluate and apply tools, technology and methods and utilize them appropriately
- combine new and original approaches and methods creatively
- reflect on problems/tasks, including new or developing subject areas in their discipline and apply computer science methods for investigation and resolution.
- integrate their skills in a team.
- pursue the further development of computer science in general and in this particular sub-field critically.
- innovatively conduct professional activities effectively and independently.
Registration for the module takes place in the first semester weeks via the learning management system Stud.IP. The students will receive detailed information on attendance, tasks and dates in the first course at the beginning of the semester as well as in the learning management system Stud.IP.