Welcome to Oldenburg
The School offers two fellowships a year in collaboration with the Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg Institute for Advanced Study, which can be used to fund research stays of up to six months. The programme is aimed at outstanding researchers from the fields of medicine and health sciences.
Welcome to Oldenburg
Students from abroad have the opportunity to spend a semester or complete an entire degree programme at School VI – Medicine and Health Sciences. The three Master’s degree programmes taught in English offered by the School in Molecular Biomedicine, Neurocognitive Psychology and Neuroscience give students the opportunity to study at the University without having to first master the German language.
To be admitted to the degree programmes in Human Medicine (State Examination) and Physics, Technology and Medicine (Bachelor’s/Master’s), however, applicants are required to provide proof of their proficiency in German (Level 2 on the DSH (the German language test for university admission) or TestDaF Level 4 in all subcategories).
- For more information about the curricula and admission requirements, please contact the relevant student guidance service
- You can find more information about applying for degree programmes as an international student on theInfoPortal Studium
- More information about studying in Oldenburg and possible funding opportunities is also available from the International Office
- Information about life in Oldenburg and about various events and resources for international students can be foundhere
Mobility in science and teaching
The OLTECH Graduate School offers a number of structured doctoral programmes that can be completed entirely in English.
You can find more information on the OLTECH website or on the websites of the various degree programmes:
- Neurosensory Science and Systems
- Molecular Basis of Sensory Biology
- Oldenburg-Groningen Joint Graduate Research Training Group Translational Research:From Pathological Mechanisms To Therapy
The School and its five departments also offer opportunities for teaching staff and researchers to complete short-term research and teaching assignments. Please contact the respective contact persons in the individual departments directly:
If you have any questions about this topic, please contact the International team.
Medical Physics and Accoustics:
Health Services Research:
For more general information about living and working in Oldenburg, please contact the International Office (IO). They will also be able to put you in touch with the right contact person.