Location / How to find us
Director of the Department
The Department of Medical Physics and Acoustics is (mainly) located at the Campus Wechloy of the University of Oldenburg.
Members of the department can be found at four different sites:
- NeSSy building (W30, Küpkersweg 74) housing the main part of the department including the department office
Here you can find most offices of the Machine Learning group, the Medical Physics division and the Signal Processing group.
- W2 area of the university building at the Campus Wechloy (Carl-von-Ossietzky-Straße 9-11)
Here you can find the offices of the Acoustics group.
- Haus des Hörens (House of hearing, Marie-Curie-Straße 2)
Here you can find further offices of the Medical Physics division.
- Pius Hospital, Abteilung Strahlentherapie (Georgstraße 12), located outside the Campus Wechloy
At this downtown hospital you can find the offices of the Medical Radiation Physics group.
Arriving by car:
- From the direction of Bremen:
Coming from the Autobahn junction Oldenburg-Ost you take the A28 to Emden/Leer. Leave the Autobahn on exit Haarentor and take a right turn into Ammerländer Heerstraße at the traffic lights. Follow the street for 1400 meters (Don't turn left into Uhlhornsweg/Campus Haarentor!) and turn right into Carl-von-Ossietzky-Straße (see the sign at the car dealer on the right side) which leads directly to Campus Wechloy.
For your orientation: The last junction comes just before an underpass, which you will cross via a bridge after turning right.
- From the direction of Emden/Leer:
Leave the Autobahn A28 on exit Oldenburg-Wechloy and take a right turn into Ammerländer Heerstraße at the traffic lights (towards OL-Universität). Follow the street for 800 meters and turn left (behind the bridges underpass) into Carl-von-Ossietzky-Straße.
See also the route instructions of the university
Please note: The parking lot at the back of the NeSSy building is reserved for disabled and test persons. There is no parking available at the front of the building. Please use the parking lot at the back of the building W32 (Experimentierhörsaal) or at the main Wechloy campus. A sketch for the walk to NeSSy you can find below.
Arriving with public transport:
- At Oldenburg Central Station, take the bus 306 ("Universität") to Carl-von-Ossietzky-Straße (last stop directly in front of the main building at Campus Wechloy).
Alternatively to the House of Hearing:
- At the Oldenburg Central Station, take the bus 310 ("Wehnen/Famila-Center") to the bus stop Pophankenweg, go 80m ahead and turn left into Küpkersweg. After 270 m turn left into Marie-Curie-Straße, where the House of hearing is directly at the corner.
- The NWB RS3 runs hourly from Bremen to Bad Zwischenahn and stops at "Oldenburg Wechloy" (behind the car dealer mentioned above at Ammerländer Heerstraße); from there you can get to bus lines 306 and 310 at bus stop "Grotepool" (in front of the car dealer) within a short walk.
How to get from the bus stop of the bus line 306 to NeSSy building
Please note that there is no sidewalk at Küpkersweg.