2-day training for preparing or writing a paper or an article.
The workshop is adresses to PhD students of the graduate school Oltech.
Trainer: Derek Handley (Mediomix - Real Science Communication)
Please register via StudIP.
- Introduction to academic rhetoric
- Recognizing and writing for your audience
- Common issues with scientific writing in English
- Rhetoric and voice in scientific writing
- The elements and language of a scientific paper
- Key differences between types of abstract, introduction and final section
- Analysis of a single research paper
- Analysis of abstracts
- Responding to reviewer feedback
- Writing exercise 1 - improve a piece of writing
- How to develop your language and writing skills
- Writing exercise 2 - work on own scientific paper