During the global pandemic, we have witnessed the rise of the digital conference room. While it has confronted us with many challenges, it has created new opportunities for global scientific cooperation that are likely to stay beyond the end of COVID-19.
This two-day workshop is intended for PhD candidates who would like to prepare for the digital challenge. Participants learn how to engage a digital audience, train their digitalpresentation skills and gain confidence asdigital public speakers.
Crafting Engaging Online Presentations
- Breaking with tradition: Creating interesting and memorable conference presentations
- Engaging the digital audience
- The digital defense and the digital poster
- Moderating digital Q&A sessions
- Developing your own presentation style
- Gaining confidence as an online presenter
- Managing digital conference rooms
- Using external apps
- Digital visualization techniques
- Dates: July 19 and July 26, 2021
- Duration: Two days, 10:00-17:00h
- Participants can deliver a short presentation or showcase their own video presentations
Lisa Heindl is a trainer for personal and professional development. She has worked in the field of human resources and university management. She holds a PhD from the University of Bremen and a Master‘s degree from the London School of Economics. She is a certified career counselor and completed postgraduate training as systemic advisor.