Computational Fluid Dynamics 1
Center for Wind Energy Research
at the Carl von Ossietzky
University of Oldenburg
Ammerländer Heerstr. 136
26129 Oldenburg Germany
Andreas H. Schmidt
CONCLUDED pilot course: Computational Fluid Dynamics 1
This online course is designed as lecture with exercises and is offered in English. It consists of 3 ECTS and is intended for a workload of 90 hours.
The course Computational Fluid Dynamics 1 has the following objectives:
- Deeper understanding of the fundamental equations of fluid dynamics.
- Overview of numerical methods for the solution of the fundamental equations of fluid dynamics.
- Ability to apply these CFD models to certain defined problems and to critically evaluate the results of numerical models.
- the Navier-Stokes equations,
- introduction to numerical methods,
- finite-differences, finite-volume methods,
- linear equation systems,
- Knowledge of advanced fluid dynamics
- Basic understanding of the Navier-Stokes-equations
- Knowledge of partial differential equation
- Basic knowledge of numerical methods
Duration: April 21st 2014 - Jul 20th 2014 (concluded)