Piero Rivera Benois
Piero Rivera Benois
Piero Rivera Benois, born in Santiago de Chile, received his M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Electronics Engineering from the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María in Valparaíso, Chile. In the year 2010 he moved to Hamburg, Germany. There he received the M.Sc. in Information and Communication Systems from the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH). In the year 2014 he joined the Department of Signal Processing and Communications at the Helmut-Schmidt-University to pursue his PhD under the mentorship of Prof. Udo Zölzer. Since the year 2020 he works as Research Associate in the Signal Processing group in the Department of Medical Physics and Acoustics.
- Active Noise Cancelling Applied to Headphones and Hearing Aids
- Pseudo-cascaded and Hybrid Combination of Control Systems
- Psychoacoustic Metrics for the Optimization of Control Parameters
- System Identification Techniques
- P. Rivera Benois, P. Nowak, E. Gerat, M. Salman, U. Zölzer: Improving the Performance of an Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Prototype, Proceedings of the 48th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, INTER-NOISE, Madrid, Spain, 16-19 June, 2019.
- P. Rivera Benois, U. Zölzer: Psychoacoustic Optimization of a Feedback Controller for Active Noise Cancelling Headphones, Proceedings of the 26th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Montreal, Canada, 7-11 July, 2019.
- P. Rivera Benois, P. Nowak, U. Zölzer: Hybrid Active Noise Control Structures: A Short Overview, Proceedings of the 13th ITG Conference on Speech Communication, Oldenburg, Germany, 10-12 October, 2018.
- P. Rivera Benois, V. Papantoni, U. Zölzer: Psychoacoustic Hybrid Active Noise Control Structure for Application in Headphones, Proceedings of the 25th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Hiroshima, Japan, 8-12 July, 2018.
- P. Rivera Benois, M. Eckert, P. Nowak, B. Klauer, U.Zölzer: Low-Latency FIR Filter Structures Targeting FPGA Platforms, Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Highly-Efficient Accelerators and Reconfigurable Technologies (HEART), Toronto, Canada, 20-22 June, 2018.
- P. Rivera Benois, P. Nowak, U. Zölzer: Real-time FPGA-based Platform for Psychoacoustic Evaluation of ANC Headphones Control Algorithms and their Parameters, Poster presented at the German Annual Conference on Acoustics (DAGA), München, Germany, 19-22 March, 2018.
- P. Rivera Benois, P. Nowak, U. Zölzer: Evaluation of a Decoupled Feedforward-Feedback Hybrid Structure for Active Noise Control Headphones in a Multi-Source Environment, Proceedings of the 46th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, Hong Kong, China, 27-30 August, 2017.
- P. Rivera Benois, P. Nowak, U. Zölzer: Fully Digital Implementation of a Hybrid Feedback Structure for Broadband Active Noise Control in Headphones, Proceedings of the 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, London, England, 23-27 July, 2017.
- P. Rivera Benois, P. Bhattacharya, U. Zölzer: Derivation Technique for Headphone Transfer Functions Based on Sine Sweeps and Least Squares Minimization, Proceedings of the 45th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, INTER-NOISE, Hamburg, Germany, 21-24 August, 2016.