Application and Administration Support
Postgraduate Programme in Renewable Energy
Phone: +49 (0)441-798 3544
Dr. Herena Torio
Postgraduate Programme in Renewable Energy (Core Oldenburg)
Phone: +49 (0)441-798-3212
Dr. Robin Knecht
European Master in Renewable Energy (Core Oldenburg)
Phone: +49 441 798-3212
Office hours: Mon - Thu
University of Oldenburg
School of Mathematics and Science
Institute of Physics
The postgraduate programme consists of lectures, seminars and laboratory courses at the University and an external practical training in relevant organisations, research institutes and companies. Necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills (e.g. for lab work) are acquired during the first semester from October to February.
The winter semester is followed by the mandatory two-month external training in companies or research institutes.
The second semester (summer semester) is dedicated to case studies and the development of solutions to specific problems in rural regions of the Third World. In addition, classes on theory and applications of Renewables as well as laboratory courses (solar/outdoor) are continued.
The subject of the final thesis evolves from the participants' individual interest, the laboratory courses and experience gained during the external training, which should be related to the participants' future professional occupation.
After successful completion of all modules (incl. the module exams) and the six-month thesis project, students are awarded the MSc degree and receive certificates.
INFORMATION FOR ACCEPTED PPRE STUDENTS
In specific cases it may be possible to formally recognize the professional competences achieved in your previous RE professional career. Contact us for further information.
After finishing the programme, PPRE students should be able to
- critically analyse and discuss the role of Renewable Energy technologies in a climate and resource constrained energy sector
- explain different renewable energy technologies and its performance, covering the evaluation of Renewable Energy resources, principles of different conversion processes, characteristics of various materials, design of systems, performance of systems in operation as well as the use of models and tools for simulation and sizing
- explain and evaluate in depth the implementation of Renewable Energy for specific areas
- apply analytical research methodologies, including a reflective and critical approach to hands-on
- critically assess the principles of the socio-economic evaluation and sustainability of Renewable Energy technologies and the role of regulatory policy frameworks in the context of Renewable Energy, covering in particular developing countries
- apply scientific knowledge to a professional situation, as a reflective practitioner
- work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- communicate in a clear and structured way in both oral and written format