RE Career Day, October 2017
by Maria Marcela Fragozo, Colombia & Koen Vanacker, Belgium (EUREC 2017/18)
· Offered by the Physics Department at the University of Oldenburg since its establishment in 1987, reaching this year a population over 500 students from over 85 countries, the Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy (PPRE) welcomed this winter semester 33 new professionals (13 European Master in Renewable Energy EUREC / 20 PPRE) keen on becoming members of the sustainable field and generation of clean energy.
· Under the integrate effort of the International Students Advisor & Co-ordinator Edu Knagge, tutors and PPRE staff was possible to perform a fruitful agenda in order to display main topics related with prospective fields of job expectation, researches areas, global vision of Renewable Energy (RE) technology integration and how it is being implemented.
The progress of the career day offered to all first semester students showed a thorough visualization of different sort of projects and research from 9 different companies in Germany, mainly Oldenburg and surroundings, however, pointed as a global understanding as potential perspective of application around the world. The guested companies were:
· DNV‐GL, Oldenburg.
· DLR‐VE, Inst. f. Networked Energy Systems, Oldenburg.
· OFFIS, Oldenburg.
· Forwind Institute, Oldenburg.
· Energy Meteo Systems (EMS), Oldenburg.
· Innogy SE (RWE subsidiary), Essen.
· KIT, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Oldenburg.
· UL International GmbH (DEWI), Wilhelmshaven.
· bwe Energy system, Friesoythe.
Each presentation kept a standard structure giving a brief but significant information of the projects and research running of. The presenters explained with a modest and understandable language the details might be interesting for us according with the academic curriculum of the master.
Read more about the RE Career Day at the University of Oldenburg here.