Alumni Seminar 2014
Institute of Physics
University of Oldenburg
Phone: 0049 441 798-3008
Fax: 0049 441 798-3990
Email: <spanjhixn lang="EN-GB">ako5lumn1abnitmsh0seminar.djyzaankxd2nmh01ra4</span><siu+32par7n lci/z2ang=3lurb"Et9mlN-USlzg">@</s5gqo3pan>uni-oldenkqbsvburggr7.de (email@example.com)
Partial FINANCing From
Water, Energy and Sanitation
in Urban and Decentralised Regions
The Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Germany
announces the International Alumni Seminar 2014
April 3rd - 12th, 2014
in Oldenburg, Germany
Arrival April 2nd
Application is possible between: January 10th - 26th, 2014. Applications after midnight CET on Sunday 26th January 2014 cannot be considered.
!!! Online Registration is now closed !!!
Content and Target group
The Alumni Seminar targets German Alumni from developing countries (DAC country nationals) who are professionally involved in the development of urban and rural regions regarding the domains water, sanitation and energy supply as well as city and regional planning or related domains, and those who are working for academic or educational institutions, development organizations, NGO's or private enterprises in such fields. Participants should be potential multipliers; i.e. in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience and/or take decisions on implementation.
The Alumni Seminar aims to further exchange between participants in the field of urban and rural development, facilitate international scientific cooperation and discuss concepts of development in regard to their transferabilty from rural to urban conditions and vice versa. Participants will also gain indepth knowledge on mass dissemination of domestic biogas digesters, their implications and the financial aspect.
Furthermore the seminar will foster exchange of experience, establishment of networks between the participants, encourage scientific discourse and international academic cooperation in this field. It will stimulate and promote ideas for joint research, technology development and knowledge transfer.
The programme is organised and hosted by the Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy, within the Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Science, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, with funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and financed by The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The main topics that are going to be covered in this Alumni Seminar are:
- Wastewater treatment in urban and decentralized areas
- Biogas technologies for urban and rural areas
- Mass dissemination programmes
- Clean energy by using biogas from waste
- Networking and international cooperation in research and higher education
- Clean Development Mechanisms
- Discussion forums
Alumni Seminar Programme
The programme will include:
- Papers and case studies presented by the participants (alumni)
- Presentations by invited experts from university and business
- One day excursion to the sewage plants of the OOWV, including renewable energy supply systems
- Participation in the 4-day international Workshop “Mass Dissemination of Domestic Biodigesters in Developing Countries – from Technology to National Programmes“
- Discussion forums for group discussions
- Overview of further research activities at the University of Oldenburg
The participant must be:
- A citizen of a DAC country, who also works in a DAC country and is currently living in a DAC country
- Germany alumnus; can proove a stay of at least three months for study or research at a German university
- Working in the field of water/sanitation, energy/renewable energy, urban and regional planning, or similar domains
- A multiplier; person who is in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience.
Following listed costs will be covered by DAAD funds
- Travel allowance to cover all transport expenses (a flat rate of 750 € for participants from DAC/non-MENA countries ; a flat rate of 400 € for participants from DAC/MENA* countries)
- Daily allowance for all accommodation and living expenses (e.g. public transport Oldenburg) for the stay in Oldenburg 90€/day
- Visa costs of up to 60 € can be reimbursed
- Health insurance (will be arranged here)
* Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen
Further information on application
The application (in English language) must include the following:
(items 1 - 3 are to be written online and items 4 - 6 are to be uploaded as pdf or jpeg)
- A letter of motivation (2000 characters including spaces) for participation in the Alumni Seminar and your special interest in the topics
- A short description of your present duties/position and your personal professional goals, indicating your envisaged field of activities and duty level (1600 characters including spaces)
- An extended abstract on your field of work/research which you are willing to present during the Alumni Seminar (4000 characters including spaces)
- A recent portrait photo (JPG or PNG)
- A CV (PDF)
- Proof of stay in Germany (PDF)
The Alumni Seminar will be held in English language, hence English proficiency is essential to hold and follow the presentations and participate in the discussions.
With your application you commit yourself to participating in the whole programme (alumni seminar and social programme).
Arrival in Germany should be April 2 (evening), 2014 at the latest.
Departure from Germany should be April 12 (afternoon), 2014 at the earliest