Biogas Workshop 2015
Edu Knagge (Coordinator)
Institute of Physics
University of Oldenburg
Phone: 0049 441 798-3544
Fax: 0049 441 798-3990
Christian Peters (Support)
University of Oldenburg
Please note: in Germany the account number has now been replaced by the IBAN.
Landessparkasse zu Oldenburg
Bloherfelder Straße 129
Note to recipient:
For identification of your payment please use the given format:
5520121561 / 72005000 / Family name
4-days International Workshop on
Mass Dissemination of Domestic Biodigesters
in Developing Countries –
from Technology to National Programmes
April 15th to April 18th, 2015
at the Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg / University of Oldenburg
The Master Course Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy at the University of Oldenburg will be holding its annual workshop on mass dissemination of domestic bio-digesters in developing countries.
This year the workshop will start 15th April (Wednesday afternoon) and will go on till 18th April (Saturday afternoon).
Long term experience will be presented by specialists of bio-digester programs in (South-East) Asian countries. Our dedicated experts from SNV Netherlands, Jan Lam and Felix ter Heegde, have been working in several biogas-programs tailored to rural areas of developing countries for more than 30 years. The workshop includes practical sessions in which you get in touch with a bio-reactor and you will experience handling and working with biogas. There will be time also for discussion sessions and networking.
Here you can access the Biogas Workshop Programme 2015.
The main topics that are going to be covered in this workshop are:
- The biochemical anaerobic fermentation process by Prof. Rabus, Microbiologist, Univ. Oldenburg (requested)
- Lam Jan (Renewable Energy Advisor-SNV) & Steven von Eije (Advisor Renewable Energy for EnDev Biogas project - SNV) will give extensive presentations on the following topics:
- Biogas for development and domestic biogas
- Biogas Plant Designs
- Plant functioning, dimensioning and proper sizing
- Appliances for domestic biogas (stoves, lamps and household use)
- Practical implications and lessons learned
- Programme functions, instutional framework and cost analysis (Investment & Revenue)
- Biogas in Carbon offset projects and GHG emissions
Students/PhD students: 100,-€
Oldenburg Students: 50,-€
Fees include workshop reader, excursion to biogas plant, come-together dinner, refreshments and cookies during the days of workshop
You may register by sending an email to biogtubas-worksho
l7t)urajacni6cxo-o1hldenm+pwburg.de (firstname.lastname@example.org/3udehwqrh) with the following information:
- Mr. / Ms.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact address
- Company / Institution
- Students: Please add your students id as an attachement
- Tel. / Fax.
Venue and Accommodation
Oldenburg offers convenient hotels and hostels with good price. For more information about the city, transport and accommodation click here.