Summer School 2013
Questions about PPRE/EMRE and application procedure
PPRE/EMRE (Core Oldenburg)
For any further questions please contact the organization team
Evelyn BrudlerInstitute of Physics University of Oldenburg
Phone: 0049 441 798-3521
Fax: 0049 441 798-3990
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst
German Academic Exchange Service Finanziert aus Mitteln des Bundesministeriums für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung (BMZ)
Summer School 2013
International DAAD-Alumni Summer School 2013
APPLICATION PERIOD HAS NOW ENDED
The Carl-von-Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany (uol.de/en/) will host the International DAAD-Alumni Summer School 2013.
March 30th - April 12th, 2013 in Oldenburg
The first part of the summer school will take place at the University of Oldenburg
March 30th to April 7th, 2013
followed by a visit to the world's biggest industrial fair "Hannover Messe"
April 8th - April 12th, 2013 in Hanover, Germany
The Summer school targets German university alumni from developing countries (DAC country nationals) who are professionally involved in the development of urban and rural regions regarding the domains water, sanitation and energy supply as well as city and regional planning or related domains, and those who are working for academic or educational institutions, development organizations, NGO's or private enterprises in such fields. Participants should be potential multipliers in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience and/or take decisions on implementation.
The Summer school will promote exchange between the participants in the field of urban and rural development related to the subjects above, facilitate international scientific cooperation and qualify the participants in the field of domestic biogas technology mass dissemination.
The Summer school will foster exchange of experiences, establishment of international networks between the participants, scientific discourse and international academic cooperation in this field. It will stimulate and promote ideas for joint research, technology development and knowledge transfer.
Beyond that the summer school offers the chance to make business contacts to companies presenting state-of-the-art technologies and research at the Hannover Fair (www.hannovermesse.de/).
The program is organized and hosted by the Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy (www.ppre.de) at the Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Science at the University of Oldenburg with the financial support of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD, www.daad.de).
The main topics that are going to be covered in this summer school are:
- Waste water treatment in urban and decentralized areas
- Biogas technologies for urban and rural areas
- Mass dissemination programs
- Clean energy by biogas from waste
- Clean Development Mechanisms
- Land use and its protection
Summer School Program
The program will include:
- Papers and case studies presented by the participants (alumni)
- Presentations by invited experts from universities and companies
- One day excursion to the sewage plants of city of Bremen, including renewable energy supply systems
- Participation in the 4-days international Workshop "Mass Dissemination of Domestic Biodigesters in Developing Countries - from Technology to National Programs -"
- World Café and group discussions
- Overview of further research activities of the University of Oldenburg
The participant must be:
- A citizen of a DAC-country who has a proof of stay for studies or research at a German university for at least three months,
- Working in the field of water/sanitation, energy/renewable energy, urban and regional planning, or similar domains
- are multipliers, e.g. people who are in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience.
Following listed costs will be covered from DAAD funds
- Transport costs from the participant's nearest home country airport to Oldenburg and way back to their home countries airport (750€ for participants from DAC countries non MENA region; 400€ for participants from DAC/MENA countries)
- Daily allowance for accommodation and living expenses (e.g. public transport Oldenburg) for the stay in Oldenburg 80€/day all in.
- Transport by bus from Oldenburg to Hanover
- Accommodation, daily allowance in Hanover and local transport
- Visa costs up to 60€
- Health insurance
All other costs, such as transport costs from participant's home town to their home airport have to be borne by the participants themselves.
The Summer school will be held in English language, hence English proficiency is essential to hold and follow the presentations and participate in the discussions.
The program for the visit to "Hannover Messe 2013" is prepared by the DAAD, and will be sent to the participants shortly before the visit.
With your application you agree that your data (name, organization, email) is given to selected company representatives and that you might appear on pictures which will be published on the DAAD website after the event. With your application you commit yourself to participate in the whole program (summer school, trade fair visit and social program).
The date of arrival in Germany will be March 30th, 2013.
The date of departure from Germany will be April 12th, 2013.