by Wycliff Jagwe, Uganda (PPRE 2005-2007)
After completing PPRE studies in year 2007, Wycliff Jagwe returned to his home country-Uganda and registered a service company called JW TECHNOLOGIES LTD. The company started its official operations on 26th July 2007, with one employee (Wycliff Jagwe) and now employs 14-permanent staff and nearly 20-highly experienced associates.
The company has since re-branded to ASTER INTEGRAL LIMITED () and on 26th July 2018, we cerebrated 10-years of existence, and continued professional growth with our service portfolio expanding from a mere solar installation company in year 2007 to now an engineering consulting firm in the fields of Energy (Power generation, transmission and distribution); Water supply, Environment Studies and specialized advisory services for infrastructure projects in Uganda.
In recent year, our portfolio has grown into service provision for MW-utility scale power plants (solar-PV and Hydropower): An example is the 10MW solar plant implemented in Uganda:
1. ASTER INTEGRAL was contracted by TORORO SOLAR NORTH as the independent engineer for Inspection, Testing and commissioning for declaration of Commercial Operation , for the 10MWp grid connected Solar power plant at Tororo, Eastern Uganda (Completed in October 2017).
2. Other running projects where ASTER INTEGRAL has been contracted to provide expert engineering services in year 2018 include:
- 10MW solar-PV grid-connected plant in Mayuge district being developed by Emerging Power Uganda Limited a subsidiary of Tryba Energy of France
- 0.55MW solar-PV hybrid grid-connected plant (with net-metering) at Kololo, Kampala city; being developed by NEXUS GREEN of UK;
- 6.6MW Nyagak Hydropower project at Paidha, in Northwestern Uganda, being developed by HYDROMAX Limited
- Feasibility, engineering design, tendering and construction supervision of nearly 100 water schemes powered by solar-PV (3-50kW/5Hp-75HP submersible pump capacity), with remote sensing and monitoring facilities for ease of O&M. Projects are owned by Ministry of Water and financed by WorldBank, African development Bank; and Government of Uganda.
- Feasibility, engineering design and tendering support for 500km of 33kV rural electrification power line infrastructure in several rural areas of Uganda. Project is owned by Rural Electrification Agency, with Financing from World Bank and Government of Uganda.
- Specialized advisory and research to hydropower developers in Power network stability studies (voltage and frequency transient stability) and optimization studies for 10MW Bugoye HPP, 4.5MW Waki HPP, 10MW Nkusi HPP and 6.6MW Nyagak HPP.