New Incomings for RE Master Programmes at University of Oldenburg
by Edu Knagge, (PPRE 1990-91)
On 4th of October 2017 the University of Oldenburg welcomed 32 new RE master students – 20 students enrolled in the Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy (PPRE) and 12 in the European RE Master Programme organized by EUREC, Brussels.
The students come from 20 different countries, 9 from Latin America, 8 each from Asia & Europe, 4 from Africa and 1 each from Australia, Canada and Iran.
The two extensive Introduction & Orientation weeks at University of Oldenburg were concluded with an excursion to different wind facilities in the North-West of Germany.
Among others, the students visited
· the production line of ENERCON, Germany’s No.1. manufacturer of wind energy converters (WECs),
· the test-field of the German Wind Energy Institute with different modern WECs (Multi MW class) on site
· a historical 130 year old wind mill, which is still in operation
· an almost 20 year old windfarm, where students were asked to climb up one wind turbine to experience the wind forces at 65m height
· the North-Sea coast with its Wadden Sea.
new students at historical wind mill …
... at ENERCON CO., Aurich ...
… in 65 meters above ground …
... at DEWI test field exploring the installation of a huge crane to exchange the generator of a MW-class turbine
Right after the excursion the new students joined the traditional WELCOME party at Energielabor - well organized by senior students – to encounter senior students, fresh graduates, alumni and PPRE staff.
The 2017-2018 Academic Year has just started!
With a record number of students registered in both our programmes, the Academic Year 2017/2018 started on the 4th September in Mines-ParisTech and Hanze UAS, and soon after in Loughborough, Zaragoza and Oldenburg Universities.
Read the full article on EUREC's latest news here.