The Floating Solar Power Plant Based on Recycled Domestic Plastic Waste
by Polina Vasilenko, Russia (EUREC 2016/17)
The idea of this project consists of three steps:
1. Construction of the floating structures based on the recycled plastic,
2. Installation solar-panels on the floating structures;
3. Deploy this power plant in the sea.
The floating solar power plants in the close water - lakes, were already implemented in India, China, Japan, UK, but no one yet deployed the floating solar plant in the open sea, another important feature of this project is to use recycled plastic for the floating structures, for example high density polyethylene (HDPE), which can be produced from the domestic plastic waste.
It is unique concept and can be successfully implemented in the countries with:
- Big amount of mismanaged plastic wastes;
- High-density of population;
- Lack of renewable energies and supporting policies exist in the countries.
Read more about this unique concept here