For our proposal 'Attracting Them and Keeping Them - Measures for the Recruitment and Integration of International Students in the Master's Degree Programme Neurocognitive Psychology' we won the Internationalisation Prize 2017.
Our measures to attract students:
- we provide up-to-date, thorough information on our website, the DAAD website for international study programmes in Germany, masterstudies.com, and Facebook
- our programme coordinator acts as first point of contact at all stages of the application process
- we send a welcome letter with information on the programme and the orientation phase along with the letter of acceptance
Our measures to integrate international students:
- we hold all committee meetings of the Department of Psychology in English
- we employ a student assistant to help international students with running experiments that require command of German
- international students of our programme can take intensive German courses free of charge at the language center of the University in the semester breaks
- we offer specific information for international students during the orientation week
About the prize:
To increase visibility of good practice in internationalisation, the Presidential Chair at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg offered the Internationalisation Prize.
The prize recognises exemplary practice in promoting internationalisation at the university in teaching and research. It should create positive incentives to get involved with the International Campus Oldenburg. The prize is awarded to projects focussing on sustainable internationalisation at our university.
The prize award is 2500 euros.