Application and Fees
Renewable Energy Online
Phone: +49 441 798 3338
University of Oldenburg
School of Mathematics and Science
Institute of Physics
Application deadline for the winter semester 2019/2020 for international students was 31 July 2019. If you want to start now, you may register as a guest student and participate in our Certificate Programme. All successfully finished courses can be acknowledged for the REO master programme.
If you have a degree from a German university, please apply directly at the University of Oldenburg. Application deadline in this case is 30 September 2019.
The application process includes four steps:
- First academic degree (bachelor or adequate degree) from a university
- Minimum one year of professional experience
- English language level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (or equivalent)
If you have a degree from a German university, please submit your documents directly to the University of Oldenburg. If you completed your first studies outside Germany, please apply via uni-assist until 31 July 2019.
Please note that you need to provide certified English or German translations of your documents if the originals are in another language.
- Certified copies of diplomas and certificates
- Proof of professional experience (e.g. working contract or certificate)
- Proof of English language level (not required for native speakers or if you have a degree from an English-language programme)
Immediately after the application deadline, the Admission Committee examines the fulfillment of admission requirements. If you meet all requirements, you will be admitted to the programme.
After the Admission Committee has verified your application, you will be informed about the decision. Subsequently, you need to confirm that you accept your place and submit an application for enrollment to the Registrar's Office of the University of Oldenburg.
The master programme Renewable Energy Online consists of 16 modules. The fees are calculated per module and can be found in the table below. If you are eligible for the acknowledement of competences based on your prior studies or practical experience, you may need fewer modules.
The module price includes
- Participation in the module
- Access to the C3LLO learning platform and technical support
- Study materials for the module
- Intensive supervision by our teachers
- Personal guidance by the management team
- Access to university facilities, e.g. library
- Execution of exams
- Participation in excursions during the on-campus periods
You only pay for your actual modules. Fees may be reduced by booking module packages according to the following scheme:
|No of Modules||Full Price||Package Price||Discount|
|3||1 semester||3,750 €||3,500 €||6.7 %|
|6||1 year||7,500 €||6,500 €||13.3 %|
|16||complete course||20,000 €||16,000 €||20.0 %|
In addition to the module fees, the University of Oldenburg raises a semester fee, which is currently 168.90 €.
Price calculation example:
If you finish in 7 semesters and you pay always per semester, your total cost is 5x 3,500 EUR + 1,250 EUR + 7x 170 EUR = 19,940 EUR plus two flights to Germany and accommodation during the on-campus periods.
Flexible payment options make it easier for you to complete the master's programme. You can choose the following payment methods:
- You pay the fees by invoice. Each module is invoiced individually at the beginning and the fees are distributed over the duration of the study.
- With the binding booking of module packages or the complete study programme, you receive a price advantage. The fees for the package booking are to be paid with the first module.