STIBET Scholarships for international students (thesis phase)
The International Office is offering scholarships for international students who are in the final stages of their degree programme, funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The scholarships are worth up to EUR 400 per month for a duration of 3 to 4 months.
The scholarships are offered twice a year (approx. October–January and April–June). Applications are only accepted during the application period.
- Expected to graduate during the summer semester 2020
- Residence permit for the purpose of study (according to Section 16 of the German Residence Law)
- Monthly income during scholarship payment must be no higher than EUR 450
All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2020 are eligible to apply. Good academic performance as well as financial need are required; voluntary work inside or outside the university is desired but not mandatory.
If a successful applicant has one or several student jobs which provide him with an income of more than EUR 450 per month before taxes, the scholarship will be reduced by the amount that exceeds the limit of EUR 450 (requirement from the DAAD).
- Academic achievement
- Expected to graduate during the designated semester
- Financial need
- Desirable: work commitment on a voluntary basis
- Filled application form
- Motivation letter (Reason for applying, topic of your thesis, time plan for completion, etc.)
- Transcript with grade average
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit from your passport
- If available yet: A copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office
- If available: Proof of voluntary work (brief confirmation is sufficient)
- If you are married: Information about your family’s overall income, including proof, if available
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis
In this recommendation letter your supervisor should answer the following questions: How did you get to know the applicant? How would you judge the applicant's performance in your seminars? How much does the applicant's thesis fit his/her profile? What result do you expect from the applicant's thesis? When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her thesis and/or other exams? How would you describe the applicant's personality?
The letter of recommendation must be submitted in a closed envelope or sent by e-mail by the supervisor to email@example.com