Dear HPC users,
In this newsletter we have an update on the DFG proposal for our next cluster and an announcement for a workshop on the Nvidia HPC SDK:
- DFG Proposal: It is now almost five years since our current HPC clusters CARL and EDDY were delivered and installed. Therefore, the planning for the next generation is in full swing and one important step was taken yesterday when the proposal for a new HPC system was submitted electronically to the DFG. Depending on the feedback, we will then procure and install a new HPC system next year. We will keep you updated.
- Workshop NVIDIA HPC SDK: The NVIDIA HPC Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the proven compilers, libraries and software tools essential to maximizing developer productivity and the performance and portability of HPC applications. We are happy to announce an online workshop to introduce the HPC SDK to on Tuesday, July 6th, from 10am to 1pm. The details of the workshop can be found in the HPC wiki and you can sign up for the workshop in Stud.IP (course number 05.WR.2002). The NVIDIA HPC SDK is already available with the module NVHPC (see software news below).
- Dates: Please take note of following upcoming events
- Software News: The following modules are now available on hpc-env/8.3:
- Julia/1.0.5-LTS-linux-x86_64 & Julia/1.6.1-linux-x86_64
- FSL/6.0.4-fosscuda-2019-EDDY # FSL extended by eddy_cuda tool
- … and much more packages! So you might want to take a look at our software page, should you need one or two dependency updates.
The list above might not be complete, you can always search for software with the command “module spider <softwarename>”.
Best wishes and happy computing
Your HPC support team ()