Research centres are outstanding interdisciplinary scientific institutions at the University of Oldenburg, which are established in close coordination with the university's strategic processes and thus make a special contribution to the objectives set out in the mission statement. Research centres are set up for a limited period of time and are evaluated externally in accordance with the university's standards of excellence.
There are three research centres at the university:
Scientific centres are cross-faculty and interdisciplinary scientific institutions of the University of Oldenburg, which are established in close coordination with the university-wide strategic processes. They support the work of the institutes or faculties as needed, e.g. in a coordinating manner. Scientific centres are independent organisations set up for a limited or unlimited period of time and are evaluated externally on a regular basis.
The following scientific centres are currently part of the University of Oldenburg:
- C3L - Center for Life-Long Learning
- CENTOS - Oldenburg Centre for Sustainability Economics and Management
- CIS - Center of Interface Sciences
- CMC - Center for Migration, Education and Cultural Studies
- COAST - Centre for Environment and Sustainability Research
- ForWind - Center for Wind Energy Research of the Universities of Oldenburg, Hannover and Bremen
- WiZeGG - Research Centre "Genealogy of the Present"
- ZENARiO - Centre for Sustainable Spatial Development in Oldenburg
- Zentrum für Lehrkräftebildung - Didaktisches Zentrum (DiZ) (German only)
- ZFG - Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Women and Gender
- ZRI - Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Recht der Informationsgesellschaft (German only)