Sustainability Initiatives at the University
Students interested in sustainability topics have diverse opportunities for voluntary engagement at the University of Oldenburg. Thereby, many initiatives already emerged at the university and its environment. The AStA (General Student Committee) and the student administration are also active in this field.
- General Student Committee (AStA): Environmental topics and projects:
- Fair-Teiler: Initiative of Foodsharing: shelf in the AStA-rooms, where surplus or rescued food can be distributed
- Fossil Free Oldenburg: local group of a global grassroot movement which requtests their institutions for divestment of coal, oil and gas
- NachDenkstatt: Students' sustainability conference with transdisciplinary workshops
- Sustainability – so what? Nachhaltigkeitskonzepte aus ethischer und theoretischer Sicht: Workshop, organisiert von SEM-Studierenden für die SEM- und NÖK-Erstsemester
- Plural Economics: Students' organization which stands for more plurality in economics
- sneep: Students' Initiative for economic Economic and Business ethics
- Students administration Oldenburg: Sustainability Management in the students' restaurant and others
- Unikum: Students' theatre in Oldenburg
This list does not imply any claim to completeness. No liability is assumed for the design or content of the linked sites.