How to find a suitable degree programme - Frequently asked questions
- The university of Oldenburg offers a substantial and constantly range of degree programmes.
- All degree programmes offered by the University of Oldenburg can be found in the overview degree programmes A - Z.
If you need help with choosing the best degree programme, please contact our Study and Career Counselling Service (ZSKB).
If you wish to change your application to a different degree programme, you need to do so before uni-assist finishes processing your application which takes 4 weeks after your submission at the latest.
Yes, you may apply for more than one degree programme in the same semester.
Applications for starting a Bachelor‘s Programme are only possible for the winter semester.
- All application deadlines for our Bachelor’s and Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programmes can be found here:
Applications for starting a Master’s degree are possible for the winter semester. For most Master’s programmes, applications for starting a programme are also possible for the summer semester.
- The list of application deadlines shows all possible application periods.
- All application deadlines for our Master's and Master of Education programmes can be found here:
- Usually, uni-assist charges 75 € for the first application each semester at a University.
- For additional applications at the same or at another university you will be charged 30 € per desired course of study.
At University of Oldenburg:
- The amount for the semester contribution depends on the degree course you choose.
All degree programmes offered by the University of Oldenburg can be found in the overview degree programmes A - Z.
You will find further information on the degree programme you are interested in on the respective information website.
If you have detailed questions, please contact the academic counselling of the respective degree programme via our Student InfoPortal.
There, you can arrange a meeting with the respective academic counsellor who advises students choosing a degree programme or making career choices for specific subjects and programmes.
- The contact persons can also be found on the page of the respective degree programme under column Your contact person.
- It is possible that you cannot study every subject with your university entrance diploma.
- Depending on your school-leaving diploma, you can either study every subject offered by our university (general diploma), or you have a subject-linked eligibility of university admission, meaning you can only study subjects that are linked to your university entrance diploma, e. g. solely scientific subjects or liberal arts.
Information on recognition of equivalence of your qualification can be obtained at the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
- Some degree programmes receive clearly more applications than the number of university places available.
- These programmes are with restricted admission.
For these programmes, admission is organized based on a ranking list or finally through a lottery system.