Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission limited
Course of study
Social Studies - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Social Studies
- as a Major (90 ECTS) combined with a Minor
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Social Studies can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
It is not possible to combine Social Studies and Politics-Economics as a Dual-subject Bachelor.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Social Studies (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15 July.
- Studiengangsflyer Sozialwissenschaften (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Social Studies (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Sozialwissenschaften (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]