Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German/English
- admission limited
- Special admission requirements
Economics and Business Administration - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Economics and Business Administration
- as a Major (90 ECTS) combined with a Minor
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Economics and Business Administration can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
At the University of Oldenburg, considerable emphasis is places on the fields of business administration and economics. Business administration (BWL) focuses on the organisation and function of businesses, whilst economics (VWL) examines broader relationships between actors in the economy, as well as the legal aspects of such relationships. The integrated study of both fields contributes to a general understanding of the wider scope of economic studies.
In this dual-subject bachelor's programme, students at the University of Oldenburg learn the basic terms, methods and concepts of these disciplines, as well as the skills to analyse economic issues.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
English Language Proficiency see admissions regulations
You can proof your English language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B1
- if applicants are native speaker or they have university entrance qualification or a university degree obtained in English (within the last two years)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. Applicants who need a preparatory German course before commencing their studies must present their knowledge of English with their application. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Possible career fields for graduates depend on the choice of specialisation and secondary subject; the most common fields include business training, continuing education and adult education, as well as commercial employment in middle-sized to large industrial, commercial and service firms, associations and (national and international) organisations.
Students who are interested in further study in this field (for example those who aim for an academic career) have the option of continuing their studies at the master's level. This can take place at any number of universities in Germany and abroad. The University of Oldenburg offers related master's programmes (M.A.) in Economics and Law, Management Consulting and Sustainability Economics and Management.
Students who intend to become qualified teachers in vocational schools should combine this degree with a Master's of Education in Business Education.
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Business Administration, Economics and Law (in German).
Proof of fair command of English through
- completion of at least two years of instruction at a university-preparatory secondary school taught primarily in English, or
- a test at the niveau of B1: TOEFL ibT=57, cbT= 163, pbT= 487; IELTS=4; TOEIC=550; Cambridge PET, CELS Preliminary, BEC Preliminary or equivalent.
This requirement does not apply to native speakers of English.
Certificates of language skills must be provided at the time of enrolment.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 20 August.
You will find further information in the German-language Regulations for Master's Degrees for teachers (Nds.MasterVO-Lehr) and in the course-specific appendixes to the examination regulations for the M.Ed. in Business Education.
- Kurzbeschreibung Wirtschaftswissenschaften (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Economics and Business Administration (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Wirtschaftswissenschaften (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]