Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission limited
Course of study
History - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take History
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
History can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
This programme at the University of Oldenburg trains students in the didactic dimension of their subject, preparing them not only to analyse the emergence of and changes in historical consciousness, but also to convey their knowledge to others, either inside or outside of a school environment.
This didactic approach to history for educational or non-education career fields has a long tradition at the University of Oldenburg. Research is carried out in all areas, from ancient to modern history; research focal points include the comparative history of north-western Europe from the middle ages to the present, as well as history didactics. The history of east Europe is a structure feature of both research and teaching in Oldenburg.
Students who intend to acquire a Master of Education for teaching in the Gymnasium must provide evidence of their skills in Latin and a modern foreign language by the time they attend the final colloquium (Abschlusskolloquium) in the master's programme.
It is therefore recommended that students seek to fulfill the above requirements during their studies at the bachelor's level.
In order to study this course at the University of Oldenburg as a student from outside of Germany, you need an adequate knowledge of German.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of History (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 20 August.
- Kurzbeschreibung Geschichte (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Brief Information History (B.A./B.Sc.)(English Version) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Information für Erstsemester [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for History (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Website History (B.A./B.Sc.)(in English)
- Internetseite Geschichte (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]