Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission limited
General Education - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take General Education
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
General Education can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
The most important aspect of General Education is that it qualifies students for the targeted teaching of learning material from the broad spectrum of general studies, particularly to younger people and people with special needs. This programme focuses primarily on the selection of content, methodical presentation, consideration of didactical meaningfulness, diagnostic skills relating to early education, and teaching and learning based on learning theory. It covers not only basic teaching skills, but also examples taken from the content of the various subject areas, as well as interdisciplinary problems.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
- Pre-school diagnostics in school authorities, youth welfare offices, Kindergartens and other institutions
- Diagnostics and advancement in private and public institutions
- Conveying general knowledge to visitors at exhibitions and didactical institutions (museum education, science exhibitions)
- Proving children with targeted information from organisations focused on health, environment, technology, and other risks.
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Education (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 20 August.
- Kurzbeschreibung Interdisziplinäre Sachbildung (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for General Education (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Interdisziplinäre Sachbildung
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]