Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission limited
Course of study
Special Needs Education - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Special Needs Education
- as a Major (90 ECTS) combined with a Minor
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Special Needs Education can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
This bachelor's programme in Special Needs Education opens the door to a number of possible career fields, including:
Early educational help and counselling in non-school institutions
Prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation in integrative, cooperative, and other institutions, as well as cooperation with families
Preparation and support for entering the labour market and careers (in the case of youths with disabilities)
Support for an independent lifestyle and help for people with disabilities in all life phases and situations
This bachelor's degree programme also qualifies students to begin a Master of Education (M.Ed.) or Master of Arts (M.A.) programme.
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Special Needs Education and Rehabilitation Education (in German).
The application deadline for the winter semester is 20 August.
- Kurzbeschreibung Sonderpädagogik (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Brief information Special Needs Education (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Special Needs Education (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Sonderpädagogik (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]