Course of study
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Degree Award: Bachelor of Arts
- Language: German
- admission free
- Special admission requirements
Music: Musik und Deutsch auf Lehramt (in German) - youtube.de
Course of study
Music - Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Music
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Music can be studied either in connection with a non-teaching career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects for each teaching position.
The programme content is significantly geared towards the practical demands of the profession. Practical, theoretical, academic, and teaching oriented aspects of music are closely interlinked in this programme. Traditional forms of European art music, together with popular music, jazz, new music technologies and present forms of art music, form important practical and theoretical elements in this study programme.
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Train qualified music teachers for schools through the dual-subject bachelor's programme in combination with a corresponding master of education programme.
Train students for careers in promoting music (music journalism, music editing, music management, music social work, dramaturgy, etc.) through the dual-subject bachelor's programme in combination with a corresponding master of arts programme (Applied Music Studies or Integrated Media).
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Music (in German).
Entrance examination for music: The entrance examination consists of a written qualifying test, a musical-artistic presentation and a personal evaluation to show special ability in music.
Applications were accepted until May 2nd.
Music - Entrance Exam
Please pay also attention to the admission requirements.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15 October.
If applicable, the application deadline depends on the first subject, if it is admission restricted.
- Kurzbeschreibung Musik (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Combination of subjects for teaching degrees [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Music (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Musik (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]